Jocelyn's birthday was last Thursday. I can't believe my baby is one! It seems like just yesterday that her long awaited arrival finally came.
On Thursday we just gave her gifts from us and my parents in Indiana. She got a doll from my mom and dad and spent the entire evening kissing the baby. She is so cute when she kisses! She puckers up and does the complete mmmmm- Muh! each time. On Saturday night we had all of Dan's family over for a birthday party. Jocelyn got lots of girly toys.

It is kind of funny to have so much pink and purple in the house after getting used to mostly boy's toys for so long.
I made Jocelyn's cake this year. I saw a picture of a mini three - tiered cake a few months ago and decided that would be so cute to make for Jocey's b-day. I ordered a cake pan set and made it. This is the first "fancy" cake I have ever made and it was quite obvious!
I laughed every time I looked at it. Good thing Jocelyn is just little so she doesn't really care what it looks like. Personally, I think it looks like something you would see on the table at the "Who Christmas Feast"right next to the "roast beast" HA! HA! I made two cakes so every one would get a piece. These were only about 6 inches high. 
Despite what they looked like, everyone enjoyed them especially the birthday girl!

Jocelyn is now in the 50% for her height, 35% for weight. She walks, but would rather crawl, she climbs onto anything she can,she has 7 teeth, ande she says the following words: "ball", hi", "hu woe" (hello), "baba"(baby or dog), "wow", "uh-oh", and of course "Ma Ma" and "Da Da".
Happy Birthday, Sweet Baby girl!
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Happy Birthday, Jocelyn!
Posted by Stephanie at 2:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey I just wanted to say she is so cute. On the matter of your cake, I think that it looks cool. If it was perfect it wouldnt be as much fun to look at. Besides it probably didnt retain its shape for very long. : )
Wow, happy birthday Jocelyn! I remember when you were born since I was watching your brother! You are such a cutie. I can't beleive all the baby's are now 1. As far as the cake, I think it turned out beautiful, I think it makes it more beautiful that you went through all that for your baby girl! Wonderful, looks like Jocelyn enjoyed it too! Have a great week!
Wow a year does go so fast doesn't it. I think you did a good job on the cakes, I attempted to do Cinderella one time and was fine until I got to her lips, ended up looking like she had botox..lol Oh well adds to the memories. We won't see Justin and Preetika til after the New Year, but did have fun talking about the "old days" in Div 2.
As I was reading down this post. I looked at the picture of the cake before reading what you wrote. It is a cute cake, btw, but what I thought to myself was..."That looks like a Dr. Seuss cake." lol!
Post a Comment