Snow!
More Snow!
Even More Snow!
We have had a ton of snow this week. There was a big storm on Tuesday that left about 4 inches. Another yesterday morning. Then last night we got about six more inches. And guess what? There is a big snow storm coming on Saturday night and going into Sunday morning.The pictures above are taken of my backyard. It may look pretty, but when it is all you see for two and a half months straight it can get really old.
Well, onto better subjects. The kids are great! Jocey loves to play on the floor on her tummy. She can play for about twenty minutes before she gets tired of holding up her head. She also can kick off of things that are behind her and scooch across the floor this way. She has developed an interesting taste for the couch. LOL Whenever we are sitting there and she is near the arm, she sticks out her toungue and leans toward it. If I let her, she would be happy making the couch soggy and sucking out all of the stuff that has settled on the fabric through the years. Don't worry- I don't let her do that.
Caleb has really gotten very independent lately. He can put on his clothes with hardly any help, he gets things out of the fridge when he needs them, he goes potty(most of the time) without help or being told to do so. The other night he asked Dan and me if he could have some pop corn. We said yes, but I was busy with Jocelyn at the moment, so I told him I would be there in a minute. Dan and I were talking and we realized that we had just heard the microwave buttons beeping and the microwave was now running. Dan ran into the kitchen and found that Caleb had taken it upon himself to get the popcorn ready. The timer was set for 14 minutes! So Dan reset the timer.When he came back into the living room, I asked him if Caleb had taken the cellophane off of the bag all by himself. Dan gave me a funny look and ran back into the kitchen to stop the plastic from melting all over the microwave. It's a wonder our house didn't catch fire!LOL The pop corn proved itself to be doomed, however because Dan didn't notice that it was a single serving pack and therefore only needed to cook for a minute and a half instead of three minutes. There was a wonderful aroma throughout the house for the rest of the evening.
Caleb just loves the alphabet. He wants to know what letter everything starts with. I got him a book from the library called Super Hero ABC This book is perfect for boys because it is all about super heroes and there are alot of gross things that make boys laugh. There is Goo Girl who "shoots green goo at gangsters", the Odor Officer who "obviously objects to offensive odors",and Huge man who "helps heroes and has hairy arms". But Caleb's absolute favorite is The Volcano.
Yes, folks, he "vomits on villains"!
Last Sunday Caleb was getting ready to take a nap at his NaNa and PaPa's house. He insisted on being covered up by all of the pillows and when I asked him why he said" I want be all buckled in." Oh, of course how silly of me to not realize this.
Here are some pictures I wanted to share:
I hope that you all enjoy this blog. Especially all of my family and friends who live so far away.Have a great evening!


3 comments:
Hi! I just found your site through Chrissy's. I must say that I am jealous of your snow. We haven't had any all winter and only had 1 inch last year. :(
My boys would love that ABC book. I could just see them going around pretending to be a volcano man! lol!
Good pictures of the snow - getting old though and I really dislike driving in the snow.
Enjoyed the stories about the kids - they grow up way to fast!
Yeah, I'm a little sick of the snow too. I know this is Maine, but we need a break! All week is a little much! Glad to hear things are continuing to go well with the potty training. Isn't it such a releif. The popcorn story is very funny, and is very much Caleb. I'm glad he is really into the alphabet, what a great book for little boys! The girls are very excited for their party tomorrow and to see Caleb. Have a great night.
Post a Comment