Monday, February 18, 2008

This is hard - like noodles.

Well, we have had a busy week and a half. I have been wanting to post but haven't had the time till now. I took Jocelyn for her 4 month pictures last Saturday. I like to go to the Picture People because I just love how they capture the kid's personalities. The closest Picture People is in Portland which is a good 45 minute drive.but I feel like it is worth it, especially when I have a good coupon. Plus you leave with your portraits. You don't have to wait for weeks like other places. I took Caleb and Jocelyn by myself and the kids were great. Caleb is such a ham. I told him that we were just getting pics of Jocey because he had had pics in December for his three year portrait. Well Caleb was playing and Jocelyn was getting her pictures taken and Caleb just walked right into the photo room, sat down behind Jocelyn, and started grinning. Of course the lady took pictures of the kids together and they turned out really cute. While we were waiting for the pictures to upload in the computer, Jocelyn rolled over from her back to her tummy. This was the first time she had done this and I was so excited.

It pretty much snowed all week last week. Bus transportation was canceled for church last Sunday morning and Sunday night church was also canceled. We had an ice storm on Wednesday and church was canceled again. Let me just say that it is very rare that church is canceled especially two times in a week. On Wednesday afternoon we lost power and it didn't come back on until right before 8 pm. Last

Sunday afternoon we took Caleb sledding for the first time. He went with Dan first and giggled the whole way down. He was happy -- until he hit the bottom and fell into the snow. Guess what? He hates snow. Wonder where he got that. LOL! Every time the snow got on his face he just started crying. It didn't help that he was ready for a nap and hadn't had lunch yet. I told Dan we will have to just keep taking him sledding until he learns to like it. You can't be a Mainer and hate snow!

On Monday we went to a birthday party for two of Caleb's friends. They are twin girls and it was their third birthday. We went to Jokers and I think Caleb had a great time. Here are some pictures from the party.


Also Caleb sneaked into the gate to the big slide. This was not included in the birthday package and Caleb had been begging me to let him go on it. I never told him no, I just kind of didn't answer him hoping he would forget about it. Well, he disappeared and the next thing I knew he was playing on the big slide. He had gone through the gate(there was no worker guarding it) and was having a blast going up and down until a worker noticed and kindly kicked him out.



I wanted to show you a box of candy I got. I won it! I entered a drawing on a blog called Mamas Like for a box of chocolates from Red Thread Confections.And I won! The chocolates were so pretty I felt badly for eating them. The picture really doesn't do the candy justice. All of these candies are hand made. And yes, they are good. Very good.


Caleb woke up last Monday with a cough. I thought it was just a cough that he has had off and on all winter. But the cough progressively got worse and Saturday night he had a fever and was laying on the floor saying his ear hurt. Sunday morning he seemed ok, so we went to church, but the first thing he said when he was picked up from his class was that he didn't feel good.We didn't go to church last night. I satyed home with the kids. I took him to the doctor today and he has a double ear infection. Poor little guy! He has been pretty miserable all day. I am hoping he will begin to feel better by tomorrow since I started him on his medicine as soon as we got home from the docs. Jocelyn also woke up with a cold this morning at 4:30. This was after Caleb had been up every half hour from 11pm to 3:30 am. It is so hard for Jocey to nurse with her nose all stuffed up. She tries and then gets so upset and won't try again. I think she thinks it is my fault. I feel so bad for her. I had the doctor check her out this morning. She said it was just a cold.

Caleb's quote for the day is the title of my post. He was putting on his socks the other day and he told me,"This is hard." "It is?", I said. "Yes," he said,"This is hard - like noodles."

OK, I guess sometimes things are hard - like noodles.

3 comments:

J & S Bernard + One said...

love your blog-you do such a good job. caleb sayes the funniest things:) i have been looking for a good place to take grayson to get his picts, i might try picture people. im sure their picts came out cute.

Mike said...

Steph, Sounds like you have had a rough week. This winter has been a bad one. Looking forward to Spring. Tell everyone that Grandpa says hi!

Doug & Stacy Fournier said...

haha, very funny. caleb is quit the ham! i loved the pictures from the party, i'm glad caleb had fun. i took jordan to the drs. today and he has a double ear infection too. will it ever end! i hope caleb is feeling better soon! have a good week and see you on sunday!