Sorry I haven't posted in forever. I have been really busy. Doing what? you ask. Well ... I'm not really sure. The house is still a mess, the laundry is piled up, and I am still late to every place I go. No, I guess I don't have much to show for my busy-ness. But I have been busy.
I took Jocelyn for her 6 month well baby check up on the second. When I got there I was very frustrated with myself because we were five minutes late. I went to the window to check in and the receptionist was having a hard time finding Jocelyn's appointment information. Then she looked at me like I was crazy and said, "Oh, Jocelyn has an appointment on the ninth" I stared at her blankly wondering what her point was. She continued, "Today is the second." "Oh, yeah, um ,OK." I said.(I was still a little confused) The receptionist went on to tell me that she didn't think they could get me in. And I told her that it was OK - I would just come back next week. I guess I'm not late to everything after all. Sometimes I'm psychotically early.
When we finally went to Jocelyn's real appointment - on the ninth - everything looked good. She had to get three shots. I remember crying when Caleb got his shots. Am I heartless because I don't get so emotional when Jocelyn is howling on the table? I don't cry for Caleb's shots either anymore. Guess I'm just calloused. Jocelyn is now in the 25% for her height and weight. Who would have guessed that a nearly ten pound baby at birth would be so petite. She is not skinny, but she is definitely not the chubster I expected her to be. The doctor said she looked wonderful and she is very healthy. Jocelyn is now going forward by kind of hopping almost like a frog. I will have to try to get it on video so you can see.
I do have a video to share, though. Caleb was helping Jocelyn get ready for church last Wednesday night:
Dan is planning a youth rally at our church on the 25th. A few churches in the area are sending their teens. Dan is hoping for 100 teenagers to come. We are really excited and hope that it will be a great success.
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Running 'Round in Circles
Posted by Stephanie at 3:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Stepahnie! Just wanted you to know that I really have been enjoying your blog...you're a great writer! I thought my Jordan would be a chunky one too...but no such thing yet :)
Jaime
oops..I really do know how to spell your name :)
Post a Comment