We had a very busy Easter weekend with allot of fun. Saturday morning I went over to a friend's house and made candy for the kid's Easter baskets. We used candy molds and melting chocolate and had so much fun. Here are a few pictures of some of the candy. The ones I made at first are just plain chocolate. Toward the end I got creative and made some with colored white chocolate. I would love to do this again.



Saturday Evening C and I colored Easter eggs.




Sunday morning Easter baskets

C about to enjoy a chocolate hammer.

Sunday I got the kids all dressed up in their new outfits and we went to church.
In typical 18 month old fashion, J decided to throw a temper tantrum during her Easter pictures.
C was happy to say "cheese"-- J, not so much.
C still sweet as can be-- J not screaming, just an attitude.

There's my sweet baby!
Handsome man.
My kiddos.

Playing in the nursery

After church we went over to my in-laws house for Easter dinner. C surprised us with a musical performance. I guess he has been working with his NaNa on this the past two Saturdays and he was so excited to show us his "song". The little instrument was a little out of tune and his timing is off. But I thought it was pretty good. I am excited that he is interested in playing music.
In all of the excitement I wanted to make sure that C understood why we celebrate Easter. The holiday is not all about bunnies and candy and fancy clothes (although I love all of those things)I found in a book, before I even had kids, an Easter tradition that I started with C this year. It is called resurrection eggs and you are able to explain to your child the entire Easter story using re-fillable Easter eggs. Here is a copy of what I put into each egg and the verses I explained after that egg was opened.
#1 thirty dimes - Matt. 26:14-16
#2 a piece of bread - Luke 22: 14-16, 19-20
#3 thorns and purple cloth - Mark 15: 16-20
#4 a cross - John 19:16-22#5 a nail - Acts 2:22-23
#6 a strip of cloth or gauze _ Matt. 27:57-60
#7 a smooth stone - Matt.27:62-66,28:2-4
#8 spices or a sachet - Mark 16:1-2
#9 - nothing inside - Luke 24:2-9
C really enjoyed hearing the Easter story this way and it helped him understand how important and blessed this holiday is because of what it stands for.

3 comments:
That's Belle and Mrs. Potts isn't it? I couldn't tell because the picture was so small. That is very cool!
Enjoyed reading your blog and looking at the pictures. Tell me more about the book - would love to have it for Cubbies.
Yes, Jenelle, that is Belle and Mrs. Potts and Beast. I took the picture off of someone elses FB page because I didn't get a pic of them befor I gave them to Molly. You and I should do that some time. SO fun!
Mary, The book was called Ideas for Christian Moms or something like that. I loaned to someone and haven't received it back.
Post a Comment