Saturday, May 9, 2009

On Mother's Day



This beautiful mommy's bouquet picked by a child's hand is dedicated to all of the women who are privileged to be a mother. May we never forget how blessed we are to hear a child's first ,"Ma Ma Ma Ma...". May we take seriously the incredible responsibility God has placed into our hands. May we never tire of being tired from nursing an infant in the night or comforting a sick child through an illness. May we never take for granted being able to hear, "I love you , Mommy!" or "Will you play with me?" May we play and teach and love and discipline and nurture our children while we have the chance.May we embrace our motherhood with joy and realize our life's purpose is in our family. May we never resent our children. May we "find ourselves" in the work and the love that we put into our children and not in the work that we put into our 9 to 5 jobs. May we show them the way to God by our examples and by our words. May we never forget how blessed we are to receive dandelion bouquets!
Happy Mother's Day!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful Steph! It should be published! I'm so glad that you chose to be a better mother than I was. I love you!! Mom