Walking Along: Jocelyn has been pulling up onto furniture for the past week and a half. I tell you, she just does not want to be a baby. I get sad sometimes thinking how fast she is growing up. She is only 7 1/2 months old. Caleb didn't even crawl until he was nearly nine months old. On Sunday afternoon she figured out how to move her feet and she is now practicing walking along the furniture every chance she gets.
Jocelyn has also decided that she absolutely HATES the church nursery- unless I am there, of course. She screams at the top of her lungs every time I leave her in there. It is very discouraging because I don't know what to do. She is a very content and happy baby at home. I do not hold her all day. She plays on her own allot. She takes good naps without me and sleeps in her own bed. But when I leave her in nursery, you would think she was going to die!
I have had a lady tell me that she is spoiled. Obviously that doesn't make me happy. That just makes me feel more like it is my fault somehow. I try to drop her off and leave her in there. The workers are usually informed to only come get me if she has been uncontrollably crying for longer than ten minutes straight. I try to be in there as little as possible so she can learn to be without me sometimes. The only problem with that is that I am the nursery coordinator and am a regularly scheduled worker and I often cover for other workers who aren't able to make it. I am in there at least once a week. That doesn't help Jocey get used to time away from me. I heard that on Sunday she was called "Princess Jocelyn" I'm not so sure that was meant as a compliment. I am thankful to the patient workers who are helping her get through this stage and I really hope she is done with this soon!
**********************************************************************
Whoever called the twos terrible must have not gotten to the turbulent threes yet. I often find that I have a much harder time with Caleb now that he is three than I ever did when he was two. Don't get me wrong he is still a wonderful little boy with a great imagination, a good sense of humor, and a sweet disposition; but sometimes we go from Dr. Jekyl to Mr Hyde in a split second. I can't believe how much of a big boy and a baby can be in one little human person. I guess this is just a preview of puberty! AHHH!
*****************************************************************************
Last Saturday I took Caleb and Jocelyn to the Maine Wild Life Park. This is a place where wounded or captured wild animals are taken care of. Some of the animals are set free and some stay there for the rest of their lives. Caleb's favorite things were the turtles and the fish that are raised to stock fishing ponds and lakes. I was thinking he would love the mountain lion, or the moose, but the fish were the most exciting to him. Silly boy! Here are a few pictures. I wish I had gotten a picture of Caleb's wonder-filled face while looking at the fish, but you'll just have to imagine that.
Jocelyn has also decided that she absolutely HATES the church nursery- unless I am there, of course. She screams at the top of her lungs every time I leave her in there. It is very discouraging because I don't know what to do. She is a very content and happy baby at home. I do not hold her all day. She plays on her own allot. She takes good naps without me and sleeps in her own bed. But when I leave her in nursery, you would think she was going to die!
I have had a lady tell me that she is spoiled. Obviously that doesn't make me happy. That just makes me feel more like it is my fault somehow. I try to drop her off and leave her in there. The workers are usually informed to only come get me if she has been uncontrollably crying for longer than ten minutes straight. I try to be in there as little as possible so she can learn to be without me sometimes. The only problem with that is that I am the nursery coordinator and am a regularly scheduled worker and I often cover for other workers who aren't able to make it. I am in there at least once a week. That doesn't help Jocey get used to time away from me. I heard that on Sunday she was called "Princess Jocelyn" I'm not so sure that was meant as a compliment. I am thankful to the patient workers who are helping her get through this stage and I really hope she is done with this soon!
**********************************************************************
Whoever called the twos terrible must have not gotten to the turbulent threes yet. I often find that I have a much harder time with Caleb now that he is three than I ever did when he was two. Don't get me wrong he is still a wonderful little boy with a great imagination, a good sense of humor, and a sweet disposition; but sometimes we go from Dr. Jekyl to Mr Hyde in a split second. I can't believe how much of a big boy and a baby can be in one little human person. I guess this is just a preview of puberty! AHHH!
*****************************************************************************
Last Saturday I took Caleb and Jocelyn to the Maine Wild Life Park. This is a place where wounded or captured wild animals are taken care of. Some of the animals are set free and some stay there for the rest of their lives. Caleb's favorite things were the turtles and the fish that are raised to stock fishing ponds and lakes. I was thinking he would love the mountain lion, or the moose, but the fish were the most exciting to him. Silly boy! Here are a few pictures. I wish I had gotten a picture of Caleb's wonder-filled face while looking at the fish, but you'll just have to imagine that.

Peacocks

Turtles

Caleb not looking at the moose

The moose not looking at Caleb

An interactive display about wolves and coyotes. He had to match up the information filled shapes to the correct hole and then pull the lever to release them. He could have done this all day!
Singing a Song : At the park there was also a concert with Rick Cherrette. He is a children's singer who has been singing to kids since Dan was a kid. The concert was decent and there were a good number of people there. There were several church families that were there and Caleb enjoyed playing with them while listening to the music.
******************************************************************************
Saturday evening we had Dan's brother, Mike and his family over. I got some good pictures of the cousins. Molly is exactly a year and a day older than Caleb and Lucas is two months older than Jocelyn.
Side by Side:





We are getting ready for summer. I am so excited that summer is here. I am already dreading the summer being over and winter coming again. I hope I get over that before winter actually does come!
Dan is planning all kinds of activities for the youth in our church. We are having the teens over to our house for pizza and ice cream next month. We are also taking all of the little kids through sixth grade to Santa's Village amusement park in NH. Then there is youth conference. I won't be going this year, but Dan is taking a good group out to Indiana for that. There are several other things we have planned for the kids at church. Also my parents and sister and brother are hopefully going to come out for a visit sometime . And we are going to take a family vacation to NH in August. We will be busy, busy!!!
That's all I can think of to write right now. I hope this post wasn't too short for you! ;)





5 comments:
Stephanie, I really enjoyed the pictures, you got some really cute shots. I especially like the one with Jocelyn and Lucas holding hands! As far as Jocelyn at church, don't get discouraged! She will eventually get over it. Seeing as I am in there every Sunday morning, I do think this is just a phase. People say things they shouldn't all the time. I don't think she is spoiled, and I do think your right, that it makes it harder when you have to be in there all the time. If you need me more during the morning services, I will be more than happy to help out. At night, Sarah, and Jessica, and even my mom (check with her, but I know my sisters will) would be happy to help. So, that is 3 extra workers for you at night. You are definitely right that she needs to be in there by herself for now to get used to it. Your doing fine, it is so easy to judge other people when you don't live in their shoes. I know it's hard, but just take it with a grain of salt! Nobody's kids are perfect, even mine! :) I hope you enjoy your week!
P.S. If I ever say anything, put me in my place! I can't judge you as none of my kids were like that, but she isn't the first to cry when her mom leaves, that just shows how much she loves you!
I agree with the terrible two's! They go on to the terrible three's and even into the terrible four's! But believe me, it DOES get better. Although, I'm starting all over with my terrible two year old!
Steph, Very clever title. Looking forward to getting out there soon!
When we were on deputation we would leave our son in the nursery. He would scream when I left. And I did leave and it broke my heart. I would never do that again. If my child wants me and needs me then I will be there for him. That is my new and improved policy after having four. lol!
I have found 3's to be very whiny. Ugh.
Hi,
Just wanted to leave a quick comment. I laughed so hard when I read your list of "10 Things" -- that was a great post.
It's amazing what we get into in Motherhood, but it's not something we would give up either. What an incredible occupation -- mommy.
Post a Comment