Sorry my last post was so short. I accidentally published before I was finished and didn't have time to fix it without deleting it. We are all healthy again -- and guess what? I heard birds chirping this morning! What a wonderful sound!
I have a couple of videos I want to share. The first is the creepy from the title. Caleb and I were in the basement sorting the laundry into "mountains " as Caleb calls them, when we came across this wonderful bug that Adam and Eve's curse brought onto our planet. It was a centipede. I have already shared my hatred for spiders - well, this can go right next to them. Caleb, however was intrigued. So for his sake, I screamed and began hyperventilating, er, I mean I calmly grabbed the camera to document the species in it's natural habitat- you know, the bottom of a laundry basket.
The centipede did end up finally escaping from it's prison and quickly scurried away to the darkest corner of the basement unscathed. Caleb told me it went home to it's mommy. I'll admit, I did look for a shoe or something heavy with which to smash the thing, but Caleb really had taken a liking to it, so I refrained myself. Besides, Caleb assured me,"Don't worry mommy, it will probably come back again." Yep, I'm looking forward to that!
Jocelyn is the crawler from the title. She is not actually crawling yet, but she is so close. I can't believe she is already so mobile. Caleb didn't crawl until he was about 8-9 months. Jocelyn is a little over five months and will be into everything before I know it. Here is a sample of what she has been doing.
We went for a walk yesterday. It was snowing a little bit, but the sun was shining and we really needed to get out of the house.

Thursday, March 13, 2008
Creepy/Crawler
Posted by Stephanie at 3:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
NICE Blog :)
Hey Steph
Funny story - I can see and Caleb saying that. You did well to stay so calm:)
Post a Comment